Speakers will discuss the different types of IP and how to protect them, followed by a first-hand account of a start-up’s experience with patenting their product technology. They will address common concerns about IP as they relate to different stages in the product development process.
What You Will Learn:
- Is my product idea patentable?
- What are the criteria?
- Even if I can patent, should I?
- What other types of protection should I be aware of for my company?
- What do I need to consider if I’m looking to patent and/or sell my product internationally?
- The meaning of IP related terms and phrases: trade secrets, provisional patent, utility vs. design patents, landscape search, prior art search, Founder’s Agreement, NDA, Confidentiality Agreement, Royalty Agreement