This course is designed to improve the problem-solving skills of all employee levels in any industry – from health care and finance to human services and manufacturing – by providing an understanding of the processes and techniques for root cause analysis and effective corrective action.
Topics covered include:
- How to use corrective action to reduce costs and increase profits
- Using corrective action as a business tool, and not just a quality tool
- Identifying the problem
- Containment and remedial action
- Determining root cause
- Causes vs. symptoms
- Generating corrective action
- Implementing actions
- Following up to verify effectiveness
- Tools and techniques that make the process simple yet effective
Concepts are reinforced through group workshop exercises.