The Upstate MIND – a Medical Innovation and Novel Discovery Center within the CNY Biotech Accelerator – is providing a new program to assist early stage medical device innovators. Up to six individuals/teams per year will be accepted into a six-month program receiving FREE work space in the Upstate MIND Creation Garage. Accepted Upstate MIND Medical Device Innovation Challenge (MDIC) participants will also attend the new “Concept to Commercialization” Bootcamp – a series of (3) 2-day workshops.
Selected Upstate MIND MDIC Participants will:
- Develop and test early prototypes
- Seek funding and team members
- Produce marketing and customer data
- Develop a Business Plan and determine regulatory strategy
- Develop a pitch presentation
- Gain access to innovation ecosystem mentors
MIND MDIC Participant Benefits and Awards
- All participants receive fee-waived registration to the “Concept to Commercialization” Bootcamp – a value of $240 per team member
- Eligible participant(s) will be selected to receive an additional 6-months free space within the Creation Garage to include access to shared equipment – valued at $1050
- One eligible participant will be selected to receive a Patent Landscape performed by ICIP Consultants – a $5,000-$10,000 value
Applications are due by May 31, 2017. Selection of participants will be made by the MIND MDIC Review Committee and participants contacted at the end of June with a program start of July 15.
For questions or more info call 315-464-9288 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.