The Advanced Institute for Manufacturing (AIM) has been awarded a DoD Cybersecurity Assistance Grant from Empire State Development (ESD) to assist small and medium manufacturers throughout New York State, with Department of Defense contracts, in meeting their DFARS cybersecurity requirements based on the NIST 800-171 Special Publication.
This assistance includes cybersecurity risk assessments, project implementation for IT infrastructure, policy development, and employee training, and follow-up assessments with compliance letters that can be used to show contractors that the requirements are being met. These requirements will be crucial in renewing existing contracts with the Department of Defense, as well as for attracting new customers both inside and outside of the DoD sector. The DoD Cybersecurity Assistance Grant can provide up to 90% project funding based on company and project size.
- NYS-based manufacturers with 30% or more of their revenue from DoD contracts.
- NYS current DoD SBIR and STTR recipient companies (DoD examples: Army, Navy, Airforce, Defense Logistics Agency, National GeoSpatial-Intelligence Agency, Strategic Capabilities Office, Missile Defense Agency, Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, and United States Special Operations Command, etc.)
- Companies that agree to achieve compliance with the NIST SP 800-171 Standard by September 30th, 2019.
Eligible uses of funds:
- Eligible uses of funds include cyber security assessments and projects for implementing cyber security measures to meet NIST SP 800-171 standards.
- Eligible companies must apply directly through the FuzeHub Portal.
Company Project Funding Awards:
- Up to 90% (maximum) of project cost may be awarded, per eligible company.
- Approved Project funding will be provided directly (reimbursement) to the respective company upon completion of the project leading to the issuance of a letter of compliance with the NIST SP 800-171 standards.
- A region’s funding allocation will be available until those designated regional funds have been exhausted.
- All funding for this award initiative expires and is no longer available as of September 30, 2019.
- AIM reserves the right (with ESD’s concurrence) to re-distribute unused/uncommitted regional funds to other regions beginning June 15, 2019.