FuzeHub Helps Trinity Valley Expand Sales & Increase Production
Trinity Valley is a fourth-generation dairy farm in Cortland, New York with 120 dairy cows and an onsite retail store and bakery. The family-run business is managed by Branden and Rebekah Brown, and Ken, Sue and Derek Poole.
The farm’s onsite retail store has received very positive reviews from customers. The Browns and Pooles have been looking for opportunities to grow their business, but to do so, they needed to make connections with other retail outlets who would be interested in stocking their products.
Representatives from Trinity Valley attended FuzeHub’s Farm to Fork Solutions Forum that was held in Rochester on October 3, 2014 to:
- Learn more about growth opportunities for small businesses in New York State
- Make connections with potential retail partners
- Seek distribution outlets for their homemade products
At the Farm to Fork Solutions Forum, Brown was able to meet and talk with a representative from Wegmans. This meeting led to more conversations, and shortly thereafter, a deal between Trinity
Valley and Wegmans.
Due to the agreement with Wegmans, Trinity Valley will be doubling its bottling production from 1-1.5 days per week to 2-3 days per week. With the increased sales and brand recognition, Trinity Valley may be able to expand its operations even further and hire additional workers in the near future.
Overall, FuzeHub’s Farm to Fork event helped Trinity Valley achieve the following positive outcomes:
- Connect with the team from Wegmans and explore options for getting Trinity Valley products on Wegmans’ shelves
- Increase production efforts to meet new demand levels
- Begin planning for future growth and expansion of the family owned and operated business
“Without FuzeHub, we may not have been able to make a connection with Wegmans in such a short time (or maybe not at all). We’re excited to get a chance to work with Wegmans and see how well our products do in their stores.” –Branden Brown, Co-owner, Trinity Valley