Global NY is recruiting New York State companies to participate in an organized exhibition at the Smart City Expo World Congress (SCEWC) in Barcelona, Spain, November 15-17, 2016.
The summit brings together city representatives, companies and exhibitors from around the world to discuss and showcase urban transformation ideas, technologies and solutions including:
- Mobility and Transportation
- Technology and Telecommunications
- Energy Efficiency and Sustainability
- Environmental Management
- Resource Management and Infrastructure
- Data Technologies and Cyber Security
- Security and Emergency Management
Application Deadlines and Details
The deadline for SCEWC applications is on a first-come, first-served basis up to October 14, 2016. Funding for eligible New York State companies to attend is pending through the State Trade & Export Promotion (STEP) Grant Program, initiated by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA).
New York State companies can apply for a STEP grant on the Global NY website, and may be eligible to have up to 80% of their qualified booth/exhibit, flight and hotel costs reimbursed for attending the Smart City Expo World Congress in Barcelona with Global NY.
Is Your Business Eligible?
To be eligible for a STEP grant, your business must meet specific criteria, including but not limited to:
- Is organized or incorporated and operating in New York State
- Considered a small business by SBA standards, generally 500 or fewer employees, but this varies by industry code; use this sba.gov link for information on size standards for your business
- Profitability – Companies have to have been operating profitably for at least 1 year (profitability may be subject to interpretation based on reinvestment of profits/other investments)
- Product – At least 51% of the product’s sale value is created within the state of New York, the calculation of which includes the value of the raw materials and component parts, manufacturing process, advertising and promotion, distribution, warehousing, and designs and other intellectual property.
If you are a New York State company who meets the eligibility criteria, and are interested in applying for a STEP grant to attend the Smart Cities Expo World Congress, please contact Kathryn Bamberger at 518-270-1133 or Kathryn.Bamberger@esd.ny.gov.
Funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the Small Business Administration