The 2018 application process has closed and will re-open in 2019.
The Manufacturing Grants are designed to encourage collaboration between companies and non-profit organizations in New York State that work with the manufacturing industry. Check this page for the latest information on Manufacturing Grant eligibility, guidelines, FAQs, news and the application process.
*These Grant Guidelines, FAQs, Project Budget Worksheet, and Application Reference Document have been updated for the May 1, 2018 funding round.
For full Guidelines including footnotes, download Grant Guidelines (PDF) above.
- New York State not-for-profit organizations.
- Applicants must partner with a small or medium sized (SME) manufacturer or other-early-stage company with a project relevant to the manufacturing sector. For the purposes of this grant, SME is defined as a business with at least one physical establishment in New York State, and no more than 500 employees across the entire firm or enterprise worldwide.
- All team members, including the company benefiting from the project, must be located in New York State.
- Applicants may only submit one application. Community Colleges are eligible to submit one application. In the case of a university, up to three different centers or departments at a given university may apply.
- Project timeline must not exceed twelve months.
Eligible Uses/Project Types
Funding must be used by the applicant to assist companies with the following types of projects:
- Adoption of new technology to enhance a process and/or product
- Prototype development
- Design for manufacturing
- Proof-of-concept manufacturing
- Manufacturing scale-up
- Manufacturing-related equipment purchases
- Other projects to advance manufacturing or manufacturing capabilities
The project must be clearly defined and ready to be undertaken. Any project costs that were incurred prior to the grant agreement date are ineligible for reimbursement. Projects must be completed within one year of an award.