Track It! The Basics of Tracking & Reporting for Digital Marketing
Previously Aired Monday, February 14th | 11 AM - 12 PM
The proof is in the numbers, and measurement is the key to success with any digital marketing effort. Learn how to get started with setting up and understanding reporting for your digital marketing campaigns.
Tim Jensen is a Campaign Manager at Clix Marketing. With more than a decade of experience in the digital marketing industry, he’s comfortable managing ads across all major platforms, including search, display, social, and video. Tim has worked with accounts from SMB to enterprise levels in a variety of industries. He frequently contributes to the digital marketing industry by writing articles for sites such as Search Engine Journal, Search Engine Land, Smashing Magazine, and the Clix Marketing blog, speaking at conferences and presenting on webinars.
- Focus on metrics that matter to business ROI like Leads/Conversion rate, cost/lead and not Clicks, Impressions, and CTR.
- Benchmark conversion rate and cost/conversion for each stage.
- Adding UTM tags allows for links to be attributed properly attributed to the right source, campaign, ad, and keyword in platforms like Google Analytics as well as in your CRM
- Gather enough data before making decisions
- Allow enough time to get the right data, do not take a single day of metrics as a trend.