Solutions Program Grants for Manufacturers
FuzeHub’s Solutions Program has set aside $80,000 to provide a minimum of 8 (eight) grants to help eligible NYS companies succeed and grow. Applicants for these grants will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Economic impact
- Probability of success
These grants are project-based and will be paid directly to a public, private or university partner (service provider) for work that is performed satisfactorily on the applicant’s behalf. Applicants may request up to $10,000 maximum but must also contribute 10% of their own money towards the project cost in order to receive the awarded amount. The grant period begins on January 1, 2020 and will continue throughout the year until the total available amount for awards is exhausted. Candidates will be judged by internal FuzeHub staff and external personnel and scored according to the points-based matrix shown below.
Probability of Success
Possible Total (Maximum)
Applicant EligibilityEligible applicants must have the following:
- Dun & Bradstreet (D&B) number
- North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code for a manufacturer
- Request-for-assistance (virtual or event) in the FuzeHub portal
- A business entity that is registered in New York State
- Statement/scope of work (SOW) and budget from a private, public, or university partner in New York State (This is a two part process, please provide the scope of work and complete the excel spreadsheet with the budget provided)
Project Eligibility Eligible projects include but are not limited to:
- Design assistance
- Prototype development or improvement
- Help with processes or procedures
- Procuring equipment
- Satisfying the match for another relevant grant opportunity
Company Project Funding Awards:
- Up to a maximum of $10,000 may be awarded, per eligible company
- The applicant will contribute a minimum of 10% of the project cost
- Approved project funding will be provided directly to the service provider (and not the applicant) based on a pre-agreed payment schedule.
- All funding for this award initiative expires and is no longer available as of December 31, 2020.
- FuzeHub reserves the right to reallocate unused funds by November 15, 2020.
- Grant awardees must enter into a written Grant Agreement with FuzeHub in order to receive the Grant Funds.
After the work under the grant is complete, both the applicant and the service provider must complete an on-line survey that is administered on behalf of NIST MEP. The applicant also agrees to participate in a FuzeHub Success Story, Faces of Manufacturing Story, and/or podcast. In addition, the applicant agrees to a site visit by FuzeHub to see the results of the funded project.