The FuzeHub commercialization competition is intended to help small and medium (SME) size manufacturing and technology companies further develop their prototype in an effort to pursue additional investment and customers as well as strengthen their “go-to-market” strategies, as they move from new product/production method to marketplace.
Up to $500,000 in funding is available for this year’s competition, and FuzeHub anticipates making at least six awards of up to $50,000 each; one company has the chance to win an additional $100,000 for a grand award of $150,000. The remainder of the available funding may be allocated to one or more runners-up.
Companies are required to have an existing tangible prototype (for the purposes of the Commercialization Competition, a tangible prototype is the physical representation of an idea or product presented as an early sample or test model that contains innovative hardware /manufacturable components).
- Applicants must be available to pitch in person October 25-26, 2022 in Buffalo, NY.
- Applicants must propose to fund activities to improve upon an existing tangible prototype and/or improve upon their “go-to-market” strategy.
- Applicants must have a clearly defined plan to commercialize the prototype product/process.
- Company must reside and operate in New York State from the time it submits the application until at least a twelve (12) consecutive month period following the award announcement. Winning companies that do not comply with the residency requirement shall be obligated to return all funds to FuzeHub to be reinvested in the Commercialization Competition.
- Company must be registered with Dun & Bradstreet, and have an eligible North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code specific to manufacturing identified in their D&B profile.
- Company must be pre-revenue (less than $100,000 in revenue).
- While grants do not count as revenue, companies which have been awarded more than $500,000 in grants in the last 2 years are not eligible to apply.
July 19, 2022
August 17, 2022
Early October 2022
Finalists Pitch Live:
October 25 & 26, 2022
Out of 12 Commercialization Competition finalists, 7 companies were awarded $50,000 each in 2021:
DomCat Technologies LLC (Binghamton)
Eco-Baggeez LLC (Cazenovia)
IV Wedge LLC (Babylon)
Natural Beauty Breast Prosthesis, LLC (Hamilton)
PrisAM LLC (Rochester)
Pharmacoustics Technologies, LLC (Potsdam)
SunThru LLC (Scotia)
Funding early stage companies positioned to make the world a better place
FuzeHub is the go-to resource for startup, small, and medium-size manufacturers and technology companies in New York State. We provide thoughtful guidance and access to an extensive network of program and funding solutions.