The application period is now closed.
The FuzeHub Commercialization Competition is intended to help small manufacturing and technology companies further develop their prototype in an effort to pursue additional investment and customers as well as strengthen their “go-to-market” strategies, as they move from new product/production method to marketplace.
2023 Award Details
Awards are up to $50,000 each; one company has the chance to win an additional $100,000 for a grand award of $150,000.
Companies are required to have an existing tangible prototype (for the purposes of the Commercialization Competition, a tangible prototype is the physical representation of an idea or product presented as an early sample or test model that contains innovative hardware /manufacturable components).
- Applicants must be available to pitch in person October 16-17, 2023 in Saratoga Springs, NY.
- Applicants must propose to fund activities to improve upon an existing tangible prototype and/or improve upon their “go-to-market” strategy.
- Company must reside and operate in New York State from the time it submits the application until at least a twelve (12) consecutive month period following the award announcement, or project completion, whichever is longest. Winning companies that do not comply with the residency requirement shall be obligated to return all funds to FuzeHub to be reinvested in the Commercialization Competition.
- Company must be registered with Dun & Bradstreet, and have an eligible North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code specific to manufacturing identified in their D&B profile.
- Company must be pre-revenue (less than $100,000 in revenue).
- While grants do not count as revenue, companies which have been awarded more than $500,000 in grants in the last 2 years are not eligible to apply.
FuzeHub encourages participation by military veterans, women, minorities, and socially or economically disadvantaged businesses.
July 10, 2023
Early October 2023
Finalists Pitch Live:
October 16 – 17, 2023
Funding early stage companies positioned to make the world a better place
FuzeHub is the go-to resource for startup, small, and medium-size manufacturers and technology companies in New York State. We provide thoughtful guidance and access to an extensive network of program and funding solutions.