Director, Center for Automation Technologies and Systems (CATS) at Rensselaer
“We have worked with companies ranging in size from garage start-ups (literally) to Fortune 500 companies.”
- Professor of Mechanical Engineering in the Department of Mechanical, Aerospace, and Nuclear Engineering at Rensselaer.
- Holds a B.S. from Syracuse University, a M.S. from Rensselaer, a P.E. License from New York State and a Ph.D. from Massachusetts Institute of Technology, all in mechanical engineering.
- Worked for seven years in industry, primarily with General Electric, as a mechanical design engineer.
- Since becoming an academic in January 1996, has received several awards and honors including an NSF Faculty Early CAREER Development Award, a Loctite Corp. Summer Engineering Faculty Fellowship, and ASME Fellowship.
- Holds five U.S. patents with two pending.